Reliable Small Business Phone Systems
Being able to communicate quickly and easily with your customers and your people, from wherever you are in the world, is key to running a successful business. Gulaga can help you supercharge your communications with a full range of business telephony solutions.
We work with the world’s leading manufacturers, such as 3CX, Gamma Horizon, NFON, NTA & Callswitch from Telcoswitch for VoIP phone solutions, but at the same time support legacy systems from NEC, Unify, Panasonic and LG to ensure we give you the very latest in choices and best technology support, as standard. With qualified engineers in Derby, Nottingham, Newark and Harrogate we are capable of deploying cloud based systems, or maintaining legacy systems across the East Midlands and Yorkshire. Whether you’re looking for business continuity and disaster recovery solutions, unified communications, call recording systems or hold music and messaging, we can help. Gulaga’s comprehensive range of telephony, connectivity, mobile and cloud solutions is designed to deliver efficiencies to your business.
Our lines and call charges are sourced at the lowest possible cost, with flexible plans to suit your budget. Our service to you is fully managed, meaning you have peace of mind, all the time and all elements of your business telephony from Gulaga will be fully scalable, so they can grow with your businesses.
When you choose Gulaga, it’s not about giving you the telephony system that you think you want. It’s about working with you to understand what you need, and then delivering the solution and technologies that will help your business grow.
Small Business Phone Systems
As a small business based throughout the UAE, it is important that your business phone systems don’t hold you back from success. In general, many businesses opt for VoIP systems along with a backup landline for emergencies of the VoIP is unavailable due to connectivity issues. Although small businesses are increasingly using cloud-based phone systems due to their extensive capabilities and lower cost, cheaper business phone systems are not necessarily always the best
It’s important that your small business phone system needs to have the basic capabilities of traditional phones, as well as newer features that enhance your business’ communication and productivity. The basic functions that business phone systems should include answering machine call transfer, caller ID, extensions, speed dialling, dial tone selection, etc.
As a small business, you want to keep an eye on costs. Therefore, focus on finding a business phone system with the basic capabilities and additional features that actively improve your business communication.
How Do Business Phone Systems Work?
Before you can understand how an office phone system works, you must identify it by type. The two basic types of phones are multiline and private branch exchange these are similar but differ in their degree of complexity. The simplest is a standard multi line phone. With a multi line phone you can have a maximum of about eight to 10 individual lines.
Multiline phones require manual operation. A private Branch exchange system – also called a PBX system – is an automatic phone system that larger businesses often use. PBX systems give you the option for additional lines and automation makes a central receptionist unnecessary.
Benefits of Phone Systems
Your business is growing and at some point your small business is going to outgrow your personal phone lines. Whether you are hiring new staff or need advanced calling and collaboration features, upgrading to a business phone system can make your work easier. Some benefits of hosted phone systems include:
- Lower Cost – As a small business owner, communication costs are probably a big part of your budget. Moving away from individual phones and phone numbers, and toward an integrated telephone system can trim your costs and simplify the processing of monthly telephone invoices. Installing a telephone system will also make it easier to review your monthly charges and identify any problematic calling patterns, such as an employee making unauthorised personal calls on company time.
- Easy Expansion – Once the telephone system is in place, it will be relatively easy to scale it up as your company grows. Starting with a small dedicated phone system that fits your needs is a good way to control costs during the critical start-up phase. Then as your business grows you can move to a larger system that can accommodate additional employees and newer features.
- Shared Resources – One of the most important advantages of using a dedicated telephone system for your small business is that all of the workers in the office will be able to share the same voice resources. A telephone system in place allows workers to transfer calls to one another, and that ability alone can make the business run more smoothly. Just imagine how time-consuming it is to have a worker from one part of the office go to another desk to answer a simple phone call vs. the ease of transferring a call directly to the person who can answer the question or solve the problem.
Why Choose Hosted Telephone Systems for your Business?
There are different VOIP or hosted telephony systems and products available on the market. However, the following features are commonly found amongst many of the professional standard options available:
- Platform Dashboard – A call user interface on digital devices allows users to make, answer, and transfer calls as well as to see who is already on calls, to hear and arrange voicemail, to see call history, and to set caller status so that appropriate messages can be played if, for instance, you are away on a meeting or on holiday. Set-up control: Manage different users and phone numbers in ring groups, call pickup groups and more to ensure better control over business communication spend.
- Admin controls – Administration privileges can be given to the IT team or others in charge of the VOIP system. This can provide data on call volumes and details, active users, how calls are being routed, and more. This insight can help you learn better ways to manage the costs or efficiencies through the use of your VOIP system. Call recording and Analytics: Whether for training, audits, or compliance e.g. MFiid or PCI, recording both inbound and outbound calls is becoming more common thanks to VOIP business telephony.
- Voicemail to Email – If an inbound caller is unable to reach you, they will be able to leave their voicemail as with most other business telephone systems. However, VOIP allows you to receive those voicemails as a downloadable sound file attached to an email, or even with voice transcription services. This can be useful if you are out of the office and disconnected from the VOIP system but still want to hear your voicemails. Video capabilities: Voice and audio aren’t the only things that can be transmitted through a VOIP system. Video can also be transmitted. As such, remote meetings between individuals and group videoconferencing are both available on high-end VOIP solutions.
- Deskphone Choices – When you upgrade your business phone system, you’ll probably upgrade your office phone handsets too. IP-enabled handsets are specifically designed to optimise call quality and are available in desktop, conference and DECT or WiFi wireless options. Alternatively, you can use a VoIP adaptor to enable you to use your existing analogue phones. There are a multitude of VoIP phone system options we can guide you through from brands such as Polycom, Fanvil, Yealink, Netgear, Gigaset, Sennheiser and Cisco.
- CRM Integration – VOIP platforms integrate seamlessly with a host of CRM platforms out of the box providing screen popping of the chosen CRM platform and integrates it with certain desktop features such as desktop contacts searching or click to dial. Most of the key systems are supported, Salesforce, Zoho, Pipedrive, Zendesk, SugarCRM, and many specialist Real Estate systems such as DezRez or Rezi, or recruitment applications like Bullhorn. The features of specific VOIP or hosted telephony systems can differ greatly. To learn more about individual features that you could benefit from, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. We would be delighted to help you find and install the solution that best fits your needs.
What is a VoIP Business Phone System?
In short, a VoIP system works by transmitting the phone call audio via the Internet. If you’re looking for a solution to your small business phone systems, VoIP could be an option. However, it’s important to understand that not all users can connect to the same connection, as it can garble the phone lines or even cut them off all together. If a VoIP system is for you, then you will need to determine how many people you expect to be using the system at the same time, as this will determine the number of lines you will need.
Voice Over Internet Protocol – a system that enables you to make voice calls using a broadband internet connection as opposed to a regular phone line. You can then make phone calls over the Internet using a computer rather than connecting to a telephone line.
Why Choose Gulaga for Business Phone Systems?
- Honest advice – We want to see your business succeed and therefore we will always give our honest advice. Connectivity is a world full of acronyms causing confusion. We at Gulaga strive for simplicity and transparency and we explain everything in layman terms.
- Tailored options – Our solutions range from commercial offices to data centres, serviced offices, retail outlets and everything in between. Our expert team will work with you to determine your individual data or network requirements, building structures, future network scaling and expansion needs and the required functionality of your structured cabling installation. We work with suppliers such as Openreach, Virgin, KCom, Nine Wholesale and Gamma to ensure a breath of options optimised to the specific voice and/or data needs of our clients.
- 24/7 UAE Support – Our UAE-based expert team will be with you at every step of the way to advise, provide and maintain your connectivity. We are here to ensure that you are always connected to your customers, your people and business from wherever in the world you are.
- Scalable solutions – Upgrading as and when additional capacity is needed is a relatively simple process, and we will be there to advise you.
Contact Gulaga Networks for Business Phone Systems
When it comes to needing a new business phone system in the UAE, be sure to get in touch with Gulaga Networks. We offer a range of business phone packages and our expert team will help you to choose the best internet service for your business. Having provided business internet services for a number of years, we have developed a well-known reputation for the service that we provide. At Gulaga Networks, we pride ourselves on offering a reliable and stable business phone system.
Frequently Asked Questions About Business Telephone Systems
Why Choose Gulaga Networks for Business Telephone Systems?
There’s a number of reasons why you should choose Gulaga Networks for your business telephone and internet, this includes honest advice, tailored options, technical support and scalable solutions.
What is a Business Phone System?
A phone system works by transmitting the phone call audio via the Internet. Should you be looking for a solution to your business phone systems, we can help. It’s important to understand that not all users can connect to the same connection, as it can confuse the phone lines or even cut them off altogether. If a phone system is for you, then you will need to know how many people you expect to be using the system at the same time, as this will determine the number of lines that you will need.
Why do I Need a Business Phone System?
While your business might not need a phone system, if you are an ambitious person looking to grow your business, then a phone system should be considered. Phone systems are great for the growing business that’s in need of better communications. One number can be used for all sites, making sure that the system is easy to manage.
Will the Call Quality be the Same as a Regular Phone System?
Yes, there’s no need to worry, the business phone systems that we provide give the same level of clarity as with a regular landline. Depending on the setup, you may find that you get calls with a higher definition of clarity.
How Much Does It Cost for a Small Business Phone System?
The business phone systems that we provide to our customers will range depending on yours and your business’s needs. The cost of a business phone system will depend on the type of system you require and what you need from it.
VOIP or Hosted Telephony
Also known as hosted telephony, Voice Over Internet Protocol (or VOIP for short) describes business phone services that are delivered and managed entirely over the internet. If you have the internet connection to support it, Voice Over IP allows you to manage a unified communications business telecoms capability without the need for PBX hardware on your own premises.
A PBX (Private Branch Exchange) is a private telephone system used within a company or organization that switches calls between users on local lines while allowing all users to share a certain number of external phone lines.
Hybrid Phone Systems
Widely considered a middle-ground between a traditional phone system and a Voice over IP technology (or VOIP/hosted telephony) system, a hybrid phone system installed with the help of Gulaga Networks could give you the best of both worlds. These on-premise phone systems retain many of the advantageous features of external ISDN line connections while incorporating the flexibility and insight provided by Cloud-hosted features.
Unified Communications is a term that provides an apt description of how different communication systems can connect for a digital workforce and provide incredible collaboration tools. Indeed, UC&C or Unified Communications and Collaboration is now a common term used in the industry. It does deliver a seamless solution for a workforce that is becoming more globally dispersed. As well as this, it ensures that regardless of where your employee is, they will be able to access the same shared systems.
Direct Routing is a means to connect Microsoft Teams to the PSTN or to the traditional phone network. If you have a business team to manage, implementing direct routing may increase productivity and drive cost efficiencies for your business.
Unified Communications and Collaboration (UC&C) is the architecture that allows you to call, email, chat, share your screen, send documents, make video calls, collaborate and more, all from a single interface, with the sole aim of simplifying and enhancing business communication across a company.
Read more about WebRTC
Every business needs a solution for fixed and mobile communications. Their solution must be flexible and scalable, and it must work on any mobile phone. Fixed Mobile Convergence (FMC) makes this is possible. Your business can shift its workload seamlessly, following patterns of behaviour with employees in how they need and want to work. When you streamline your communications, your business can open the door to staff being able to work remotely and more flexibly. It also works wherever they are, improving their productivity and the way that they respond to customers. With convergence, a business can make both their customers and staff happy. Some of the biggest benefits of fixed-mobile convergence include improved resource management, superior caller experience, and enhanced call management.
Many thanks for supporting the latest phase of our ground development project here at 3aaa County Ground, Derby. As Derbyshire's home of cricket and as a leading events venue in the region, we require a modern and efficient communications infrastructure. The Leased Line and Cloud based telephony solution which Gulaga Networks successfully deployed throughout the ground provides us with the flexibility and capacity we need to support our growing business.
Salman AhmedChief Executive
You have both done such a great job and been so honest with me that I would like to introduce you to one of my clients and see what, if any, savings and improvements you can make to their telecommunications, both mobile and landlines.
James R LawrenceIT Manager, IT Solutions Ltd.
Having recently moved business premises we decided to change our telecoms provider. From our initial contact with Gulaga Networks it was evident that they were a professional organisation that placed great emphasis on customer satisfaction. We were not disappointed. Both the level of service and telecommunications system that were provided was outstanding and I highly recommend Gulaga Networks to anyone considering a change of telecoms provider.
During a periodic review of our operating costs we decided to look at the market for Telecoms. We were a BT customer and the customer service was poor. I wanted to move our office telecoms to a Derby company, with a real person whom we could talk to if things went wrong. We engaged Gulaga Networks and they provided us with a comprehensive detailed proposal that achieved cost savings, along with a new up to date telephony system. I know that when we need to add new lines or geographical numbers, it's just a phone call to George and it's sorted.